Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Introducing My Life

I've never been one to think that I have anything of importance to say, so this blog is probably going to be more of a keepsake for me for the future. Kinda like a journal. I love to write and have always been keen on getting my thoughts and feelings out and into written form. I've always journaled and written poetry and have been known to send a novel over a quick text.
I've always wanted to be someone that blogged. I recently turned 30 (eek!) and so I figured there's no better time then the present. Time to dive in with both feet and nose unplugged.

I'm a stay at home mom as of recent. My husband and I recently moved out to the boonies and realized that me commuting to my job just wasn't in the cards any longer. We also have 3 amazing and rambunctious boys (C 12, L 9, D 6) and a sitter is way expensive. Why don't we have the 12 year old babysit you ask? Well, because as much as I love my kiddos, I have to say that I'd be afraid he'd misplace one of the others. Since turning 12, C just hasn't been thinking all that clearly. I think all those tween hormones kicking in are shutting down some of his basic functions. Like being able to find the syrup that's on the table in front of him and not remembering if he brushed his teeth as soon as he crosses the threshold of the bathroom. So, just to make sure that I maintain having 3 kids, I stay home.
They are all in school full time, but that doesn't mean I have free time. I have a house to run. It's so frustrating when people say "You're so lucky. You have the whole day to yourself to do what you want." Yes. Cause I "want" to do the laundry and dishes and I "want" to go grocery shopping. Not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't change a thing about my life. I'm exactly where I want to be at 30. Married to my best friend (who happens to be my childhood sweetheart. We met at 12), raising the 3 best kids a mom could have, and living the dream. Home ownership, car, too many toys and some pennies in the bank.
Lest I forget to mention, my life isn't all sunshine and lillies (cause I like those better then roses), but I know where to go on those tough days. Those days where no one would get me and probably wouldn't know what to do with me if they did. I turn to Jesus. My Rock and my Savior. The Creator of my soul and Keeper of my heart. There in Him I find peace. In Him I find hope, joy, and compassion. He is my lifeblood. Without Him I truly have nothing. I am nothing.

Well, there it is. I've officially crossed over my first major hurdle and put my words out there in web space for anyone so inclined to read. And if no one does, I shall consider it a notch in my belt to be able to say I have a blog.

Until next time,

Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment